Recipe by Buster's friend
Adding this to my Valentine's Day dinner, Mmmmmm! From Bon Appetit 2002. Refrigerate these silky puddings for at least six hours and up to one day before serving. Frig time not included in cooking times.
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin (from 2 packages)
- 3 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 pints berries (such as raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, and strawberries, I use frozen)
- 1⁄3 cup sweet white wine (such as Moscato)
Directions See How It's Made
- Panna Cotta:.
- Pour 1/4 cup cold water into small custard cup. Sprinkle gelatin over.Let stand until gelatin softens, about 15 minutes.
- Bring 1 inch of water in small skillet to boil. Place cup with gelatin in water. Stir until gelatin dissolves, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Combine cream and 2/3 cup sugar in heavy medium saucepan. Stir over medium heat just until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat.
- Mix in vanilla and gelatin.
- Divide pudding mixture among 8 wineglasses. Cover and chill until set, at least 6 hours and up to 1 day.
- Combine berries and remaining 1/3 cup sugar in medium bowl. Crush berries slightly with back of spoon. Mix in wine.
- Let compote stand until berry juices and sugar form syrup, stirring often, at least 1 hour and up to 2 hours.
- Spoon compote over puddings.
- Makes 8 servings.