Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Just my basic pancakes.
- 1 1⁄2 cups self rising flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- Beat egg until frothy.
- Add milk and butter.
- Mix well.
- Add sugar, salt and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Add flour and mix until smooth.
- Add a little water if it is too thick. Mixture should just barely pour out of a spoon.
- Heat a heavy cast iron griddle or skillet over medium low burner.
- Wipe with butter with a paper towel just enough to grease the surface lightly.
- When heat is correct a small drop of water will just bounce and break in to smaller drops.
- Pour batter a 1/4 cup at a time for each pancake.
- Turn when top begins to bubble slightly.
- Second side cooks quicker so keep an eye on 'em.
- Repeat until out of batter, remember to wipe the griddle with butter between each batch.
I made these as a special breakfast for my 6 month anniversary with my hubby and we LOVED them! They're very light and fluffy and have excellent flavor and texture. I will definitely be making these again...
Had to make a double batch of this wonderful pancake recipe! It was so good that I have been requested to make it again soon. The taste was so good and the texture was just right. Thank you for the great recipe!
I made this recipe for me, DH and my son. My son had one, DH two and me a large one. We only have one left. It's not a big recipe. But it was perfect for us. We loved the taste, the texture. I omitted the salt. Thanks Chef Jeff Garland :) Made for I recommend tag game