- 1 1⁄2 cups self rising flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat egg until frothy.
- Add milk and butter.
- Mix well.
- Add sugar, salt and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Add flour and mix until smooth.
- Add a little water if it is too thick. Mixture should just barely pour out of a spoon.
- Heat a heavy cast iron griddle or skillet over medium low burner.
- Wipe with butter with a paper towel just enough to grease the surface lightly.
- When heat is correct a small drop of water will just bounce and break in to smaller drops.
- Pour batter a 1/4 cup at a time for each pancake.
- Turn when top begins to bubble slightly.
- Second side cooks quicker so keep an eye on 'em.
- Repeat until out of batter, remember to wipe the griddle with butter between each batch.