Recipe by JanuaryBride
"These creamy vanilla-flavored orange juice pops will transport you back to the days of standing in line at the ice cream truck. Add a couple drops each of yellow and red natural food dye to give them a more vivid orange color." Recipe from Eating Well Magazine. Update: WOWZERS are these good!!! I cut the recipe in half which allowed me to use just one 6oz cup of yogurt and it made 5 small Tupperware size popsicles.
Top Review by *Pixie*
What a great little treat! I had some Halloween themed plastic jello moulds that worked perfectly for this. I popped a stick into each one when they were partially frozen. Worked perfectly. Great healthy treat for the little ones! Thanks for posting. Made for PAC Fall 2009.
- 1 1⁄2 cups orange juice (may sub orange-banana)
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 tablespoon sugar (may increase to 2 T as per your taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk orange juice, yogurt, sugar to taste and vanilla in a medium bowl (or just throw it all in the food processor for a few seconds).
- Divide the mixture among freezer-pop molds (makes about 10 pops, 3 oz each). Insert the sticks and freeze until completely firm, about 6 hours.
- Dip the molds briefly in hot water before unmolding.