Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
"These creamy vanilla-flavored orange juice pops will transport you back to the days of standing in line at the ice cream truck. Add a couple drops each of yellow and red natural food dye to give them a more vivid orange color." Recipe from Eating Well Magazine. Update: WOWZERS are these good!!! I cut the recipe in half which allowed me to use just one 6oz cup of yogurt and it made 5 small Tupperware size popsicles.
- 1 1⁄2 cups orange juice (may sub orange-banana)
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 tablespoon sugar (may increase to 2 T as per your taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whisk orange juice, yogurt, sugar to taste and vanilla in a medium bowl (or just throw it all in the food processor for a few seconds).
- Divide the mixture among freezer-pop molds (makes about 10 pops, 3 oz each). Insert the sticks and freeze until completely firm, about 6 hours.
- Dip the molds briefly in hot water before unmolding.
What a great little treat! I had some Halloween themed plastic jello moulds that worked perfectly for this. I popped a stick into each one when they were partially frozen. Worked perfectly. Great healthy treat for the little ones! Thanks for posting. Made for PAC Fall 2009.
My grandbaby's slurping and slobbering gave me more joy than watching the popular Evian baby commercial. Made of Edn'8 A/NZ.