Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a delicious frosting! We love the cinnamon frosting on vanilla cupcakes. The vanilla flavored frosting works well on just about anything!
- 1 (8 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract or 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Blend cream cheese and butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer set on low speed until combined, 30 seconds.
- Add sugar a little at a time on low speed, beating until the sugar is well incorporated, 1 minute.
- Add the vanilla or cinnamon, then increase speed to medium and blend the frosting until fluffy, 1 minute.
I followed instructions except cut sugar to 2 1/2 cups per reviewers recommendations.<br/>It came out perfect. Thanks for your post and all the recommendations.
This frosting was delicious! It's creamy, not too sweet, & the perfect texture. My roommate & I made the vanilla version to accompany a white sheet cake. We followed the recipe exactly except we added an additional teaspoon of vanilla-- the cream cheese flavor was a bit too strong for us otherwise. This recipe is definitely a keeper-- I can't wait to try the cinnamon version!
What a lovely frosting! I made this to go with a Pumpkin Spice Bread that I'd baked in a bundt pan. I used the full amount of vanilla, a very hefty splash of cinnamon extract, and then a good sprinkle of freshly grated nutmeg. I then finished the cake off with a dusting of nutmeg on top of the frosting. Thank you!