Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a Finnish Coffee Cake. It literally takes 30 minutes total and it tastes wonderful!
- 700 ml flour
- 300 ml sugar
- 300 ml milk
- 1 egg
- 19.71 ml vanilla sugar or 19.71 ml vanilla extract (I prefer the sugar)
- 100 g melted butter
- 19.71 ml baking powder
- 200 g melted butter
- 200-300 ml oats
- 200 ml sugar
- 19.71 ml cinnamon
- (1 cup= 2 1/2 dl).
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Mix all the ingredients for the cake (in no special order) in a mix master for approximately 4 minutes or until well blended and slightly fluffy spread on a greased or lined 9 by 13" pan.
- Mix all the ingredients for the topping and pour over the top.
- (the idea is to leave some patches bare and get a marble effect) cook for 20 minutes or until inserting a toothpick in the center comes out clean.
- (the cake may look undercooked).
- let the cake stand for about 10 minutes.
I don't have a stand or hand mixer, so I mixed this by hand with a whisk for about five minutes and it turned out great! I also cut back a little on the butter (especially the topping; I think I used about half what the recipe stated) and used brown sugar in the topping. It was a great easy make when I was craving something sweet - thanks!
We loved this cake! It's extremely easy to make and tastes wonderful. This recipe is a keeper. Thank you for sharing!
It was tasty but a little heavy...could be the altitude?