Prep 4 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is Paula Deens recipe. However her recipe calls for 8 tablespoons sugar and I choose to only use 4 teaspoons. If you like yours thicker you might want to add less milk. I add 1/2 cup or more less than suggested.
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 teaspoons sugar (Paula uses 8 tbs. but I use 4 tsps.)
- 2 cups milk (or less for thicker milkshakes I use about 1/2 cup less)
- Using a blender, blend all ingredients together until smooth.
- Serve in glasses with a straw.
I replaced the milk with vanilla rice milk, the ice cream with coconut vanilla ice cream, Delicious. Thanks Paula for the easy recipe.
So very good! I did add a little more sugar- but not as much as Paula Deen puts in! lol Delicious- just loved it!
I think maybe the recipe called for 4 scoops of ice cream instead of 4 cups. I made it this way and it came out just perfect. And I'm quite picky when it comes to milkshakes!