Prep 1 min
Cook 5 mins
Tea just right for a child's tea party.
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 teaspoons decaf black loose tea or 4 black tea bags
- 1 quart boiling water
- Pour the milk into a saucepan, add the vanilla, and bring to a simmer, stirring often.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let it stand until the milk is cool.
- Place the tea leaves in the teapot and add the boiling water.
- Cover with a towel and steep 5 minutes.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of the cooled milk into the teacups. Stir and strain the tea into the cups.
Love the Brit way of having tea, my mom always made it for me this way when growing up!! I added a little honey to sweeten it. Used Madagascar bourbon vanilla and also used regular caffeinated Lipton loose orange pekoe tea leaves. I drank it myself though, I would definitely keep the caffeine free for a kid's tea party!! Thanks for posting!!!