Recipe by Funda
Tea just right for a child's tea party.
Top Review by Chef*Lee
Love the Brit way of having tea, my mom always made it for me this way when growing up!! I added a little honey to sweeten it. Used Madagascar bourbon vanilla and also used regular caffeinated Lipton loose orange pekoe tea leaves. I drank it myself though, I would definitely keep the caffeine free for a kid's tea party!! Thanks for posting!!!
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 teaspoons decaf black loose tea or 4 black tea bags
- 1 quart boiling water
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour the milk into a saucepan, add the vanilla, and bring to a simmer, stirring often.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let it stand until the milk is cool.
- Place the tea leaves in the teapot and add the boiling water.
- Cover with a towel and steep 5 minutes.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of the cooled milk into the teacups. Stir and strain the tea into the cups.