Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
I love vanilla! This may be too strong for your tastes, so adjust accordingly!
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 egg whites
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar substitute
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup nonfat fruit yogurt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Fold in wet ingredients into dry ingredients making sure to combine evenly.
- Pour into loaf pan and bake for 40 minutes in a 375 degree oven.
This was good. I as suggested spayed the pan. I used real sugar since I didn't have the other. I will make this again
I made this bread for PAC '07, so let me start out by explaining the low rating. This is a non-fat bread that rose beautifully to a nice golden crust; very attractive. The texture was chewy, dense and fairly moist. I used lowfat instead of non-fat ingredients and I used real sugar vs. sugar substitute. I chose an orange cream flavored yogurt. I prepared 6 jumbo muffins with this recipe instead of using loaf pans. Preparatation of the baking pans was not mentioned in the directions, so I sprayed my muffin pans with nonstick spray and was glad I did. For me and my family's tastes, I would not make this again, but for those of you who lean towards a more healthy, lowfat diet, this might be right up your ally. Thank you sizzlera for your contribution to Zaars healthy recipe's collection.