Recipe by Khyricat
This is my moms passover recipe.. yummy, easy, and gets lots of rave reviews. Light as air and melt in your mouth. Cooking time includes time in oven after it is turned off.
- 4 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar
- 1 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the ingredients until stiff peaks form.
- spoon onto a foil covered cookie sheet (or pipe to make them look pretty).
- Bake at 200° for 2 hours.
- leave in oven for at least 2 additional hours (until completely cool) I often leave them overnight.
- Carefully peel off foil and store in an airtight container.
- Variations: fold in 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts or bittersweet chocolate. (note- these will not hold their shape as well, they do taste yummy, but tend to lose some of the airiness).
- additional option: dip the nut version in melted chocolate once cooked.