Vanilla Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 350°F Put potatoes on baking sheet and bake until fork tender, approximately 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and let cool until just cool enough to handle. Peel and discard skins. Set aside in a covered bowl.
- Pour half and half into a 2 quart pot. Add vanilla and orange zest. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Mash sweet potatoes and butter with a potato masher or mixer on low. Slowly add vanilla milk mixture until potatoes reach desired consistency.
- Season with kosher salt and white pepper to taste.
- Serve warm.