Prep 1 hr
Cook 5 mins
Pep your latte up with some real vanilla! Prep time is soaking time.
- Slice vanilla bean and scrape out the seeds, using a sharp pointed knife.
- Combine vanilla bean, seeds and milk in a pot and let soak for an hour.
- After soaking one hour, slowly bring to a boil, remove the vanilla bean and foam the milk.
- Divide steamed milk into two tall glasses, then slowly pour half of the coffee into each glass (not in the middle but from the rim down the side of the glass).
- If you want sweet coffee, you can sweeten the coffee before pouring into the milk.
- Sprinkle with cocoa powder and enjoy!
Absolutely wonderful and well worth the wait. My favorite coffee drink is a latte and this drink is so delicious with that wonderful vanilla milk.
Oh, my...this is one delicious latte, and it was a great way to start my morning. I couldn't get the milk to steam right, so ours didn't have much of a froth on top. (I wish I knew how do that correctly.) But it didn't affect that taste, it was still delightful with just the right touch of vanilla to make it quite special. I didn't have any cocoa on hand, so I skipped that. And I don't usually sweeten my coffee, so I didn't add any sugar either. It was delightful enough as is, and it didn't need anything to improve it. Thanks, Mia in Germany!
Delicious, simply delicious. I love how quick and easy this treat was to make. The hardest part was waiting the hour for the vanilla bean to do its magic. Well magic indeed. This was a wonderful latte with a great vanilla flavor. Thanks for sharing this lovely recipe Mia. Made for Culinary Quest - Suitcase Gourmets - 2014.