Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Kraft Kitchens Winter 2005 issue. I haven't made it yet - posting for safe keeping.
Make and share this Vanilla Latte recipe from Food.com.
- Heat milk in small saucepan on low heat until warm, stirring briskly and constantly with wire whisk to create foam.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Stir coffee into milk mixture.
- Serve immediately (they recommend with Nilla wafers).
- Other flavour option: 1/4 teaspoons almond extract instead of vanilla.
I gave this 3 stars. First of all I'm not a big hot latte person. Second I only had decaff. Dunkin Donuts freshly made coffee. I cut the recipe in half and made this as directed. I thought it needed to be sweetened so I added a tsp. of sugar. This did the trick this was not bad and it helped me use up some of my leftover coffee. Thanks for posting a good recipe. Christine (internetnut)
This was good just a bit too foamy and bland for my taste. I will try it with more vanilla next time. Thanks for posting it.
I have been making tea and coffee in this way for some time now. The only difference is I add the coffee or tea to the mug, add sugar to taste and then top up with the vanilla flavoured foamed milk. For a specail drink try it with vanilla flavoured tea bag or honey vanilla tea bag. This makes a delicious and comforting drink.