Recipe by dizzydi
A Delicious buttery cookie that tastes lovely and looks great, layed out on a plate to have with a cuppa or fill a nice glass container full of these little cookies and give as a gift to someone special. I hope you like them as much as I do. This is a recipe Ive had for ages in a hand written little recipe book..you know the kind!
Top Review by Mrs. Cassandra Foxx
I liked these although they seemed like a lot of work. It wasn't hard to make, but I had problems with the jam coming out when I tried to roll it. It was a little messy, and they oozed a little when I sliced them. But after they baked, they were beautiful and I was very pleased. I used Blackberry Jam, and I cant argue about how good these taste! I put a lot of them in my hubby's lunchbox. Very pretty cookie, and the dough was wonderful. Thanks! ;)
- 180 g butter, softened
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain flour
- 1⁄2 cup rice flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup raspberry jam
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Place butter, sugar and vanilla in a bowl and beat till light and fluffy.
- Add egg and beat well.
- Add plain flour, rice flour and baking powder and mix to a dough.
- Turn out dough and knead gently.
- Roll out to 40 x 25cm, Spread jam over dough leaving a 4cm edge to enclose the jam, Roll up.
- Place in fridge for 30 minutes then slice into 1cm cookies.
- Bake at 180degrees celsius for 15 minutes.