Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you like "snowcream" you will love this! This recipe came from our church cookbook. My husband and I think this is the next best thing to "snowcream". I use a 1 1/2 quart freezer. I usually get about 2 freezers out of this. I just store in the refridgerator till ready to use.
- 1 can Eagle Brand Condensed Milk
- 1⁄2 gallon sweet milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- Pour all ingredients into freezer container.
- Never fill more than 3/4 full.
- For variations: Add 2 cups of fresh or frozen fruit of your choice.
- Add enough milk to fill container to 3/4 full.
The flavor of this was ok, but we weren't crazy about the consistency. It tasted more like vanilla water ice or sorbet. I have never tasted snowcream though, so maybe this is what it tastes like! It was interesting but I was looking for something a little creamier.