Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Vanilla Hot Chocolate with a little something extra.
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole milk or 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup vanilla-flavored syrup
- 1⁄8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 vanilla bean
- 6 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 2 ounces white chocolate liqueur
- 2 ounces triple sec
- marshmallows, for garnish
- cocoa powder, for garnish
- Add milk, vanilla syrup, and salt to a medium saucepan; set over medium heat and cook, stirring, until the mixture is hot; do not boil.
- Split the vanilla bean lengthwise and scrape out the seeds; add seeds to the saucepan.
- Add in the white chocolate and stir until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth; don’t rush this step by turning up the heat, or the white chocolate may seize.
- Stir in the liqueurs.
- Pour the hot chocolate into 4 mugs and serve immediately, topped with marshmallows and a sprinkle of cocoa powder.