Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Even though white chocolate is not really chocolate, it makes a yummy hot drink.
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk or 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup vanilla-flavored syrup
- 1⁄8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 vanilla bean
- 6 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- marshmallows, for garnish
- grated bittersweet chocolate, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Add milk, vanilla syrup, and salt to a saucepan; place over medium heat; cook/stir until mixture is hot (do not let boil).
- Split vanilla bean lengthwise with a small sharp knife and scrape the seeds into the saucepan.
- Stir in the white chocolate until it has melted and the mixture is smooth (don’t rush this step by turning up the heat; white chocolate has a tendency to seize when heated at too high a temperature).
- Ladle the hot chocolate into 4 mugs; top with marshmallow and a sprinkling of grated chocolate.