Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another glorious use for coffee. The syrup can be made early in the day. The biscotti can be home made or store bought.
- A couple of hrs before serving (or early in the day) combine sugar and coffee in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat , and simmer until syrup is consistancy is reache.
- Allow to cool and have ready.
- To serve, place a scoop (or 2) of vanilla ice cream into an individual dessert dish with one (or 2 if small) biscotti.
- Top ice cream with syrup.
I had never made a coffee syrup before. It's worth not brewing the coffee too strong or the syrup takes on a very strong, almost bitter flavour once it has reduced. I really enjoyed the combination of coffee and ice cream- perhaps it could benefit from some Baileys irish cream being added over the top or to the syrup. Thanks for a new way to serve coffee!