Recipe by EntirelyEmily
Made with applesauce instead of oil, this easy, healthy snack is quick to make and enjoy : ) High in protein and good, complex carbs.
- 4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda brown sugar blend, packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup applesauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat to 300.
- Lightly spray large baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in large bowl.
- Mix applesauce and sugar in small saucepan; bring to simmer over medium heat.
- Remove from heat and carefully stir in vanilla.
- carefully our hot liquid over oat mixture and stir well.
- With hands, toss mixture until thoroughly mixed.
- Spread granola on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until golden brown, stirring occasionally, for about 30 minutes IMPORTANT-check after 20 min!
- Transfer sheet to rack and allow granola to cool completely.