Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Made with applesauce instead of oil, this easy, healthy snack is quick to make and enjoy : ) High in protein and good, complex carbs.
- Preheat to 300.
- Lightly spray large baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in large bowl.
- Mix applesauce and sugar in small saucepan; bring to simmer over medium heat.
- Remove from heat and carefully stir in vanilla.
- carefully our hot liquid over oat mixture and stir well.
- With hands, toss mixture until thoroughly mixed.
- Spread granola on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until golden brown, stirring occasionally, for about 30 minutes IMPORTANT-check after 20 min!
- Transfer sheet to rack and allow granola to cool completely.
I made this for my husband, Cam, who eats granola on a regular basis and he really liked it. Great recipe. Made for Spring PAC 2010
GReAt RECIPE. I've added honey, sometimes substitute cinannom applesauce, and more brown sugar. I havent used the Splenda sugar yet but its just as tasty using regular ole brown sugar. It lasts my family of 4 about 2 weeks at time. It is my go-to recipe.