Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I came up with this to satisfy my husband’s craving for ice cream. He is commercial cow milk intolerant but LOVES ice cream. This does have a little cow stuff to add to the creaminess, but I have used goat cream instead and it makes it even better. It just takes a while to get enough cream.
- 4 fresh free-range eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 pint half-and-half
- 2 quarts fresh goat's milk
- Whisk together eggs, sugar, vanilla, salt and half&half.
- Pour into 1/2 gallon ice cream freezer.
- Add fresh goat milk to the fill line.
- Freeze according to the directions of your freezer.