Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
A Pillsbury Bake Off recipe from Carolyn Collins of Freeport Texas.
- 1 (17 ounce) package Pillsbury pecan swirl quick bread and coffeecake mix
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 2 -3 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 -6 teaspoons milk
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup coconut
- Heat oven to 375°F; spray cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray. In large bowl, combine quick bread mix, swirl mix from packet and pecans from foil packet; mix well. Add butter; with pastry blender or fork, mix until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add 1 teaspoon vanilla and egg; mix well. Stir in 1/2 cup coconut. Gradually add half-and-half, stirring until soft dough forms.
- On lightly floured surface, pat dough to 1/2-inch thickness. With 2 1/2-inch floured cutter, cut dough into rounds. Pat scraps of dough to 1/2-inch thickness for additional scones. Place on sprayed cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375°F for 12 to 16 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 2 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet; place on wire rack. Cool 10 minutes.
- In small bowl, combine all glaze ingredients, adding enough milk for desired spreading consistency; blend until smooth. Spread glaze over warm scones. Sprinkle with toppings.
I tagged this recipe for Photo Tag and it's a true hit. I couldn't get the ask for mix so I made a very basic vanilla coffeecake recipe with less milk than you would for the cake and adding the coconut. Being diabetic I just couldn't bring myself to use the sugar glaze so I made the topping with the nuts and coconut with the addition of 1 tsp of margarine and rubbed it all together. I lowered the oven temp to 350 while I was making the topping and slid them back in for 5 mins. Mine finished up being well baked but very pale which I rather like. :D
One word --DELICOUS!!! These were so easy to make. Actually the DS helped me, but the directions were very easy to follow. We loved the coconut vanilla combo. There is nothing bad to say about this. I did not change anything. A definate repeat recipe to make again. Made for Zaar tag.