Recipe by I'mPat
This recipe is from a national supermarket and is part of their picnic feature.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Followed your recipe right on down, & I'm another one who wouldn't change a thing! Normally I'm happy to increase the amount of lemon zest, but since the 2 lemons I used for this were large ones, that was good enough for me! Wonderfully flavorful cake that was gone rather quickly! Thanks for giving us the opportunity of keeping a copy of the recipe! [Made & reviewed in 1-2-3 Hits recipe tag]
- 354.88 ml plain flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 177.44 ml caster sugar
- 125 g butter (room temperature chopped)
- 177.44 ml buttermilk
- 2 lemons (finely grated rind only)
- 236.59 ml icing sugar (soft mix sifted)
- 30 g butter (melted)
- 29.58 ml water (boiling)
- 4.92 ml vanilla essence
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 170C or 150C fan forced.
- Grease and line a 11cm x 23cm pan.
- Sift together flour and baking poowder.
- Place eggs and caster sugar into a food processor and process until pale and then add butter and process until thick and creamy.
- Add buttermilk and rind and pulse until combined and then add flour mixture and pulse until a batter forms.
- Fill prepared pan and bake for 40-45 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes ouit clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile make Vanilla Glaze.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl until smooth.
- Remove cake from pan and brush glaze over the cake.
- Cool cake completely on a wire rack before serving.