Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe is from a national supermarket and is part of their picnic feature.
Make and share this Vanilla Glazed Lemon Loaf Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 125 g butter (room temperature chopped)
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 2 lemons (finely grated rind only)
- 1 cup icing sugar (soft mix sifted)
- 30 g butter (melted)
- 2 tablespoons water (boiling)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 170C or 150C fan forced.
- Grease and line a 11cm x 23cm pan.
- Sift together flour and baking poowder.
- Place eggs and caster sugar into a food processor and process until pale and then add butter and process until thick and creamy.
- Add buttermilk and rind and pulse until combined and then add flour mixture and pulse until a batter forms.
- Fill prepared pan and bake for 40-45 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes ouit clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile make Vanilla Glaze.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl until smooth.
- Remove cake from pan and brush glaze over the cake.
- Cool cake completely on a wire rack before serving.
Followed your recipe right on down, & I'm another one who wouldn't change a thing! Normally I'm happy to increase the amount of lemon zest, but since the 2 lemons I used for this were large ones, that was good enough for me! Wonderfully flavorful cake that was gone rather quickly! Thanks for giving us the opportunity of keeping a copy of the recipe! [Made & reviewed in 1-2-3 Hits recipe tag]
This was very simple to make with very good results. Mine did not get glazed as it was gone almost as soon as it was out of the oven. Thanks for the recipe
What a great cake Pat, I made it exactly as written and wouldn't change a thing. My family & I thought that it was perfect; tall, moist, tender, had an excellent crumb and a lovely delicate citrus flavor. The sweet vanilla glaze was the perfect topping. Thanks for sharing this recipe. I'll be making it again soon, for some reason it doesn't last very long.