From the new "Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book". Look for the Semisweet Chocolate Icing Semisweet Chocolate Icing that goes with this.
- Allow butter and eggs to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grease and lightly flour a 10-inch fluted tube pan.
- In a medium bowl stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on low to medium speed about 30 seconds.
- Add sugar and vanilla; beat until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time. Add milk and flour mixture alternately. Beat on high for 2 minutes.
- Reserve 2 cups batter.
- Pour remaining batter into prepared pan.
- In a mixing bowl combine chocolate syrup and reserved 2 cups batter.
- Mix well.
- Pour chocolate batter over vanilla batter in pan.
- Do not mix.
- Bake in a 350° oven about 50 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool 15 minutes on wire rack.
- Remove from pan: cool completely on wire rack.
- Drizzle cake with Semisweet Chocolate Icing recipe #45105.