From the Park Hyatt Los Angeles. Published in Bon Appetit, July 2007.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split lengthwise, divided
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons packed golden brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 lb loaf brioche bread or 1 lb egg bread, ends trimmed, cut crosswise into 12 slices
- 3/4 cup apple butter
- 4 large peaches, halved, pitted, cut into 1/3-inch thick slices, divided
- 1Vanilla Butter:.
- 2Place butter and vanilla extract in small bowl. Scrape seeds from one vanilla bean piece. Whisk to blend. (Can be made up to 1 week ahead. Cover and refrigerate.).
- 3French Toast:.
- 4Place eggs and next 4 ingredients in large bowl. Scrape in seeds from remaining vanilla bean piece. Whisk batter to blend.
- 5Place bread slices on work surface; spread with apple butter. Reserve 1/4 of peach slices for garnish. Arrange remaining peach slices over 6 bread slices. Top with remaining bread slices, apple butter side down.
- 6Melt 2 tablespoons vanilla butter in heavy large skillet. Transfer 3 sandwiches to skillet. Cook until brown and cooked through, about 5 minutes per slide. Transfer to plates. Repeat with remaining 3 sandwiches.
- 7Spread thin layer of remaining vanilla butter over each sandwich; cut in half diagonally. Drizzle with warm maple syrup. Scatter reserved peach slices over; sprinkle with powdered sugar and top with whipped cream if desired.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vanilla French Toast With Peaches and Apple Butter
Serving Size: 1 (414 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 886.2
- Calories from Fat 278
- Total Fat 30.9 g
- Saturated Fat 16.7 g
- Cholesterol 253.8 mg
- Sodium 1095.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 125.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 28.4 g
- Protein 28.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: