Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
From the Park Hyatt Los Angeles. Published in Bon Appetit, July 2007.
Make and share this Vanilla French Toast With Peaches and Apple Butter recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 vanilla bean, split lengthwise, divided
- 6 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons packed golden brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 lb loaf brioche bread or 1 lb egg bread, ends trimmed, cut crosswise into 12 slices
- 3⁄4 cup apple butter
- 4 large peaches, halved, pitted, cut into 1/3-inch thick slices, divided
- warm pure maple syrup
- powdered sugar, for sprinkling (optional)
- whipped cream (optional)
- Vanilla Butter:.
- Place butter and vanilla extract in small bowl. Scrape seeds from one vanilla bean piece. Whisk to blend. (Can be made up to 1 week ahead. Cover and refrigerate.).
- French Toast:.
- Place eggs and next 4 ingredients in large bowl. Scrape in seeds from remaining vanilla bean piece. Whisk batter to blend.
- Place bread slices on work surface; spread with apple butter. Reserve 1/4 of peach slices for garnish. Arrange remaining peach slices over 6 bread slices. Top with remaining bread slices, apple butter side down.
- Melt 2 tablespoons vanilla butter in heavy large skillet. Transfer 3 sandwiches to skillet. Cook until brown and cooked through, about 5 minutes per slide. Transfer to plates. Repeat with remaining 3 sandwiches.
- Spread thin layer of remaining vanilla butter over each sandwich; cut in half diagonally. Drizzle with warm maple syrup. Scatter reserved peach slices over; sprinkle with powdered sugar and top with whipped cream if desired.
I'm very partial to recipes like these, whether jazzed up French toast or bread puddings that are a cut above the rest! This recipe is definitely that & not at all difficult to put together, either! A winning recipe that I'll be happy to make again, whether for company of just for ourselves! Thanks for posting it! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
This is the absolute best french toast recipe I have ever encountered. If someone is lucky enought to have you make it for them for breakfast, it is pretty much guaranteed that they will fall inlove with you!