Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is my FAVORITE french toast recipe. Cooks up light and fluffy and so flavorful every time. Recipe found on website of Stonyfield Farms (maker of yogurt and milk). I have made this recipe with all kinds of bread and it's fabulous. . .doesn't need to be cinnamon raisin bread. I actually just made it with Hawaiian Sweet Bread this morning and it was fabulous. Also feel free to use banana or strawberry yogurt instead of vanilla. Have fun with this recipe; you won't be disappointed!
- 6 slices cinnamon raisin bread
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat milk
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a mixing bowl, beat together eggs, yogurt, milk, salt, spices and vanilla extract.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or skillet over medium-high flame.
- Dunk each slice of bread in egg mixture, soaking both sides; don't just dip them in quickly.
- Place in pan, and cook on both sides until golden.
- Serve hot and top with yogurt or fresh berries.
The only difference between my regular french toast and this recipe is the yogurt. I found that the bread cooked out a bit wetter and the yogurt caused some darker spots on the bread. It was ok but I didn't care too much for yogurt tang with the bread a spices. Made for ZWT 8 Family Picks
So good! I used blueberry bread instead, and I also made a blueberry syrup to go with it, made from heated frozen blueberries and pure maple syrup. Very delicious! Next time I'll try the cinnamon raisin bread, thanks for posting! Made for ZWT8.
Delicious french toast variation! I did use the cinnamon raisin bread and thought it added a nice flavor to the dish. Thanks for sharing! ZWT8