Charlotte J's Note:
I bought some vanilla flavored popcorn a few years back. It had kind of a clear candy coating on it. I think I'll try using clear vanilla extract when I make this. I hope this will come close to what I had. Found on recipe tips.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pop the popcorn and set aside in a large bowl.
- 2Combine the sugar, butter, and corn syrup in a heavy saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- 3Allow to boil for about 2 minutes, stir occasionally.
- 4The mixture will be a light golden color.
- 5Remove from the heat and add in the baking soda and vanilla extract.
- 6Stir until the baking soda is mixed in evenly.
- 7Pour the mixture over the popcorn.
- 8Stir until the popcorn is evenly coated.
- 9Pour coated popcorn out onto a surface lined with wax paper.
- 10Break the popcorn into smaller pieces and then allow to cool.
- 11Store in a sealable plastic bag or an airtight container.
- 12If stored in a cool dry area, the popcorn should stay fresh for up to 2 or 3 weeks.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vanilla Flavored Popcorn
Serving Size: 1 (41 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 183.8
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 98.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 18.6 g
- Protein 1.1 g