Recipe by Charlotte J
I bought some vanilla flavored popcorn a few years back. It had kind of a clear candy coating on it. I think I'll try using clear vanilla extract when I make this. I hope this will come close to what I had. Found on recipe tips.
- 3 quarts popped popcorn
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1⁄2 teaspoon clear vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Pop the popcorn and set aside in a large bowl.
- Combine the sugar, butter, and corn syrup in a heavy saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Allow to boil for about 2 minutes, stir occasionally.
- The mixture will be a light golden color.
- Remove from the heat and add in the baking soda and vanilla extract.
- Stir until the baking soda is mixed in evenly.
- Pour the mixture over the popcorn.
- Stir until the popcorn is evenly coated.
- Pour coated popcorn out onto a surface lined with wax paper.
- Break the popcorn into smaller pieces and then allow to cool.
- Store in a sealable plastic bag or an airtight container.
- If stored in a cool dry area, the popcorn should stay fresh for up to 2 or 3 weeks.