1/1 Photo of Vanilla Flan With Raspberries
1 hr 30 mins
I thought this sounded like a great dessert/fruit can easily to switched to different berries or even frozen berries. Prep time does not include overnight refrigeration. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (July 1991)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2In a saucepan over low heat combine 2 cups sugar and 1/2 cup water, stirring until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to high and boil without stirring until sugar caramelizes, swirling pan occasionally. Immediately pour into 2 (9-inch) pie dishes. Turn dishes, so bottom and sides are coated. Set aside.
- 3In a large bowl whisk together eggs, egg yolks and vanilla.
- 4Stir in whipping cream, milk and 1 1/2 cups sugar.
- 5Divide mixture among pie dishes.
- 6Place pie pans in a heavy baking pan, adding enough hot water to come up halfway up sides of pie dishes.
- 7Bake for 50-60 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes clean. Remove custards from water and cool. Refrigerate overnight (*can be prepared up to 2 days ahead.).
- 8Invert custards on platters; sprinkle with raspberries to serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vanilla Flan With Raspberries
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 315.6
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 174.4 mg
- Sodium 52.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 39.8 g
- Protein 4.7 g