1/14 Photos of Vanilla Fig Preserves
Sweet fig goodness with a warming hint of vanilla. Use to fill cookies, cakes top a slice of toast or a grilled pork or chicken... Check this thread for step x step directions and photos http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=226477
My Private Note
1/2 pin ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large pot place sugar, vanilla pod and the seeds into the figs, lemon juice, zest and meat of lemon. Do squeeze any juice from the peels into the sugar and figs.
- 2Stir to release juices it will be thick. Simmer over low heat stirring not to burn. Juices will come and when it does raise heat to high stirring most of the time.
- 3When it hits a rolling boil for 15 minutes all the time stirring add liquor cook 1 minute.
- 4Pour into sterile jars and process 10 minutes.
- 5Optional for those that like it smoother without chunks you can blend thee figs before adding to sugar or use an immersion blender while cooking.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vanilla Fig Preserves
Serving Size: 1 (1608 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 676.1
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 174.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 169.4 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: