Recipe by MeowMeow00
This is a simple yellow cake that is easy to make and very tasty. It can also be cut into slices and served with fruit.
Top Review by Demon32835
Wow! I made this as a last minute dessert for me on Thanksgiving, and it turned out FANTASTIC! I am lactose intolerant and having trouble digesting eggs, so to find a cake recipe that has neither of those and tastes great is just a Godsend for me.
The only thing I did differently was that I used Almond Milk instead of Soy Milk, personal preference, and I used just a pinch of cocoa powder. It turned out GREAT! It even lasted without proper containment for a week, and it STILL tasted amazing. I will definitely be this cake again. Tonight, even I think, I'm craving something sweet. ;)
- 1 1⁄2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup soymilk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Prepare cake pan: Line 8-inch round or square cake pan with parchment paper and grease bottom and sides of the pan. Then flour the pan.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- Add vegetable oil, soy milk, and vanilla extract; whisk until no lumps appear and batter is smooth.
- Add vinegar, stir about seven times, and quickly pour into pan.
- Bake around 30 minutes, until cake begins to pull away from sides and/or toothpick inserted in the center pulls out clean.
- Let sit for ten to fifteen minutes, invert, and cool on rack.