1/1 Photo of Vanilla Dreams
A very old-fashioned flat,crisp cookie using baker's ammonia. This eliminates the baking soda/baking powder taste from the cookies, leaving pure flavor. From the King Arthur flour sack.
My Private Note
dozen c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Lightly grease two baking sheets.
- 2Beat together the sugar, butter, salt and vanilla.
- 3Add the flour and baker's ammonia and beat for up to 5 minutes, until the dough comes together. It will seem quite dry at first, but keep beating, eventually it will clump up and become cohesive.
- 4Break off pieces of dough about the size of a large gumball. Roll them into balls, then roll them in coarse sugar.
- 5Put them on the prepared baking sheets, and use the bottom of a glass to flatten them to about 1/4" thick.
- 6Bake the cookies for 25 to 30 minutes, until they are a very light golden brown around the edges.
- 7Remove them from oven and transfer to a rack to cool.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vanilla Dreams
Serving Size: 1 (21 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 103.4
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 13.5 mg
- Sodium 65.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 0.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: