Recipe by Elana's Pantry
This Gluten-Free Vanilla Cupcake and Vegan Chocolate Recipe is one of my personal favorites. View the full recipe and more like it at: http://www.elanaspantry.com/2008/04/22/vanilla-cupcakes-with-chocolate-frosting/
Top Review by UmmBinat
4.5 stars. Wow these little vanilla cupcakes taste amazing even without frosting say DH and I. They don't have much coconut flour taste which is a good thing. I used egg-replacer and they didn't rise at all but that may be why. Again I made this quadruple batch and put it into a 9 by 13 pan which made little cake squares of which I frosted half and ate from the fridge cold. Dont use white sugar or any olive oil as it what I had the second time and the flavour and texture was not as good. I used about 1/3 cup honey the first time to replace the agave which worked very well. I used regular sea salt and a canola oil to replace the grapeseed oil. I have also tried Recipe #205618 which looks similar but these are far better. Make sure to use a muffin tin for small cupcakes not huge muffins. I may make these again and maybe next time I will try adding 1 1/4 Tbs very finely grated organic orange peel and leaving out the vanilla for an orange chocolate delight as Christianne mentioned she did on your blog. Wonderful recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup coconut flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup grapeseed oil
- 1⁄2 cup agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, combine coconut flour, salt and baking soda.
- In a small bowl, blend together eggs, grapeseed oil, agave and vanilla.
- Mix wet ingredients into dry and blend with a mixer or hand blender until smooth.
- Pour batter into well oiled muffin tins.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Top with chocolate frosting.