Recipe by nnreq
I found these in a church cookbook. These go well at bake sales and kids love them.
Top Review by Tebo
I have to agree that this is a very good recipe. The base is really good and a great change from the shortbreat type of base usually expected. It had a nice soft buttery texture that went very well with the topping. Thanks gbmom.
- 1 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (10 ounce) bag miniature marshmallows
- 1 (12 ounce) bag chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup Rice Krispies
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat first seven ingredients for 1 minute.
- Spread in greased 9x13 pan.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until spongy looking.
- Cover with miniature marshmallows.
- Return to oven for 3-5 minutes til marshmallows are melted.
- In microwaveable bowl, melt chocolate chips and peanut butter.
- Add rice krispies and spread on cooled bars.