Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
My mom's recipe - awesome cookies - like sugar cookies but so much better!
- 1⁄2 cup butter (substitute soybean margarine for lactose-free version) or 1⁄2 cup margarine (substitute soybean margarine for lactose-free version)
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- candy sprinkles (optional)
- Cream butter, shortening, and sugar. Add vanilla and salt. Add eggs, beating well.
- Stir in flour, mix well.
- Drop from teaspoon 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Flatten with floured glass. Add sprinkles if desired.
- Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove immediately and cool on rack.
These are the best cookies ever . All my nieces and step sons absoulutly love them . I have made them 3 times in the last week. Im glad i found this recipe. Thanks Summers Mom