My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream the butter and sugar together by beating them against the sides of a bowl with a wooden spoon (or with electric mixer at medium speed) until light and fluffy.
- 2Beat in the flour 1/2 cup at a time, then add the almonds, vanilla extract and salt, continuing to beat until the mixture becomes a slightly stiff dough.
- 3Shape the dough into a ball, wrap it in wax paper and refrigerate it for about an hour.
- 4Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 5Lightly butter two 12x15-inch baking sheets.
- 6Pinch off walnut sized pieces of the chilled dough and place them on a floured board; roll each one into a strip an inch wide and 1/2 inch thick.
- 7This will make it about 2-1/2 inches long.
- 8Shape each piece into a crescent by pulling it into a semi-circle. Arrange the crescents at least 1/2 inch apart on the baking sheet.
- 9Bake in oven for 15- 20 minutes, remove and leave to cool for 5 minutes, then transfer them to a cake rack.
- 10Dust with confectioners' sugar.
- 11Many people prefer "vanilkove rohlicky" a few days old.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vanilla Crescents (Vanilkove Rohlicky)
Serving Size: 1 (756 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 110.1
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 13.5 mg
- Sodium 49.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 1.8 g