Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- Cream the butter and sugar together by beating them against the sides of a bowl with a wooden spoon (or with electric mixer at medium speed) until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the flour 1/2 cup at a time, then add the almonds, vanilla extract and salt, continuing to beat until the mixture becomes a slightly stiff dough.
- Shape the dough into a ball, wrap it in wax paper and refrigerate it for about an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Lightly butter two 12x15-inch baking sheets.
- Pinch off walnut sized pieces of the chilled dough and place them on a floured board; roll each one into a strip an inch wide and 1/2 inch thick.
- This will make it about 2-1/2 inches long.
- Shape each piece into a crescent by pulling it into a semi-circle. Arrange the crescents at least 1/2 inch apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake in oven for 15- 20 minutes, remove and leave to cool for 5 minutes, then transfer them to a cake rack.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar.
- Many people prefer "vanilkove rohlicky" a few days old.
Awesome--the best version of this cookie I've had!
Czech boyfriend approves ;-) I know that the sugar makes it look better, but actually left it out and it tasted just as good. :) thanks for the recipe!
These were wonderful! The dough was easy to work with and I actually ended up with more cookies than stated, probably about 45-50. Thanks for a great recipe!