Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Nice little treats posted for ZWT#6 2010
- 150 g butter
- 210 g flour
- 80 g ground hazelnuts or 80 g almonds
- 80 g powdered sugar
- one whole egg
- powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons vanilla sugar
- Sieve the flour into a heap on a pastry board or into a large bowl.
- Cut the cold butter into small pieces and mix with the flour. Add powdered sugar, ground almonds or hazelnuts and the egg.
- Rinse hands with cold water and quickly knead mixture into a crisp dough. Chill for half an hour.
- Form thumb thick rolls from the dough, cut into 1 cm wide pieces, roll and form crescents.
- Bake at slow to medium heat (160° Celsius) for 10-15 minutes, or until very light gold in colour.