1/1 Photo of Vanilla Crepe Batter
1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 10 mins
This is a recipe from an old 1970's cookbook that myself and my oldest Son still cook from. They are really great and very easy. I included the one hour resting time in the preparation time. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat the eggs, then mix with the milk and vanilla essence either by hand or in the electric blender.
- 2Sift the flour with the salt and sugar and gradually add to the egg and milk mixture.
- 3Add the melted butter or oil and blend thoroughly.
- 4Set aside and allow mixture to stand for at least an hour before using (my kids can't do that!). If the batter is too thick, add a little milk and mix.
- 5Pour one or two tablespoons of the batter in the centre of a hot, nonstick frying pan. Tilt to spread the batter to the edges of the pan. Cook until the top is dry. Turn over and cook the other side for about 15 seconds. Don't worry if the first couple aren't perfect - those are the trial ones for me!
- 6You can roll these with fruit inside and top with whipped cream. Be adventuresome and try it with whatever sounds good with vanilla!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vanilla Crepe Batter
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 380.9
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 164.6 mg
- Sodium 462.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 14.2 g