Recipe by awalde
Tahitian vanilla beans are known for their aromatic, fruity, cherry, anisic-like flavor profile. Tahitian Pure Vanilla is especially symbiotic with fruit-based products such as fruited yogurt and sorbet. This cream has 4 exotic components: vanilla, coconut, lime…and rum! Adapted and posted for ZWT7.
Top Review by Elmotoo
Good but not perfect. It didn't set up properly. ?? It got a little grainy from being heated too much after combining yolks & milk (my fault). The flavor was really good but I think 3 flavors was a bit too much. We all happily ate it, though! Made for Aussie Swap 6/13.
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 vanilla bean (if possible Tahitian)
- 3 eggs, yolk only
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 lime, peel grated (reserve some strips for decoration)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon rum
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil milk with the opened vanilla bean.
- During this time stir egg yolks, sugar and cornstarch together in a pan until incorporated (don’t cook yet).
- Add hot milk (vanilla bean removed) , lime zest and coconut milk to the egg mixture and stir continuously by medium heat until thick and creamy.
- Add rum and stir well.
- Fill this delicious cream in serving cups and decorate with lime zest strips.
- Cool at least 2 hours and serve chilled.
- Note: for a special touch add 1 teaspoon rum over chilled cream!