Tahitian vanilla beans are known for their aromatic, fruity, cherry, anisic-like flavor profile. Tahitian Pure Vanilla is especially symbiotic with fruit-based products such as fruited yogurt and sorbet. This cream has 4 exotic components: vanilla, coconut, lime…and rum! Adapted and posted for ZWT7.
- Boil milk with the opened vanilla bean.
- During this time stir egg yolks, sugar and cornstarch together in a pan until incorporated (don’t cook yet).
- Add hot milk (vanilla bean removed) , lime zest and coconut milk to the egg mixture and stir continuously by medium heat until thick and creamy.
- Add rum and stir well.
- Fill this delicious cream in serving cups and decorate with lime zest strips.
- Cool at least 2 hours and serve chilled.
- Note: for a special touch add 1 teaspoon rum over chilled cream!