Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from recipe box from an estate sale. The recipe was submitted by Shauna Stilts of Bryson, California.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 3⁄4 cup sifted cake flour
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Cream until light butter, and sugar.
- Beat in egg, vanilla, and grated lemon rind.
- Add cake flour.
- Drop small amount of batter with a teaspoon onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 7 minutes or until rims are tan.
I like them but they are more thin then I would have expected. I used 1/2 butter and 1/2 margarine. And an egg substitute. I used lemon juice instead of rind. But still they taste great. The batter wasn't runny for me. Just very light and fluffy. I actually tried to take away the stars because I think they were thin because of the egg substitute. My dh says they are good my son likes them so he said make them again. ;O) so I am adding a star to this one.
These are very good. They are crunchy--unlike another recipe that I made. This is a good option for someone wanting homemade wafers. I used safflower oil instead of butter and reduced the amount slightly. I also doubled the recipe. The batter was very runny.