1/10 Photos of Vanilla Cream Puffs
Robin W's Note:
I found this recipe in the 2003 Taste of Home Annual Recipe Book. They are easy to make even for a novice like myself.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 (5 1/8 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups whipping cream, whipped
- 1In saucepan, bring water, butter and salt to a boil.
- 2Add flour all at once and stir until it forms a ball.
- 3Remove from from heat, let stand 5 minutes.
- 4Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 5Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- 6Drop by 1/4 cups at least 3 inches apart onto a greased baking sheet.
- 7Bake at 400 degrees for 30-35 minutes (or until golden brown).
- 8Remove to a wire rack.
- 9Immediately split puffs open; remove tops and set aside.
- 10Remove and discard soft dough inside puff.
- 11Let cool.
- 12In a bowl, beat the milk, pudding mix and extract on low speed for 2 minutes.
- 13Let stand for 5 minutes.
- 14Fold in the whipped cream.
- 15Fill the cream puffs and replace tops.
- 16In a heavy saucepan, combine glaze ingredients.
- 17Cook and stir over low heat until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth.
- 18Drizzle over cream puffs.
- 19Chill for at least one hour before serving.
- 20Refrigerate any leftovers.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vanilla Cream Puffs
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 544.8
- Calories from Fat 369
- Total Fat 41.0 g
- Saturated Fat 24.5 g
- Cholesterol 211.4 mg
- Sodium 516.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 21.4 g
- Protein 7.9 g