1/2 Photos of Vanilla Cream Pie
Nancy Sneed's Note:
I love this recipe because you have all different cream pie recipes in one and it's delicious! Add a cup of milk and you have pudding!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1in saucepan, combine sugar, flour, and salt; gradually stir in milk.
- 2Cook and stir over medium heat till mixture boils and thickens.
- 3Cook 2 minutes longer.
- 4Remove from heat.
- 5Stir small amount hot mixture into yolks.
- 6Return to hot mixture; cook 2 minutes stirring constantly.
- 7Remove from heat.
- 8Add butter and vanilla; cool to room temperature.
- 9Pour into baked pie shell----> Meringue: Beat 3 egg whites with cream of tartar and vanilla.
- 10Gradually add 6 Tbsp sugar till soft peaks form, spread atop pie.
- 11Bake in moderate oven 350°F 12 to 15 minutes.
- 12Variations of Vanilla Cream Pie-------------.
- 13Banana or Coconut or Butterscotch or Chocolate or Pineapple.
- 14Follow directions for vanilla cream pie substituting the following: for butterscotch pie substitute 1 cup brown sugar and use 3 Tbsp butter.
- 15For chocolate increase sugar to 1 cup and use approximately 4 tbsp cocoa.
- 16For banana layer three sliced bananas on crust and pour pie filling over.
- 17For pineapple, drain 1 8 oz can of crushed pineapple and stir into cream filling.
- 18You may also make this into a pudding by using 3 cups of milk instead of 2.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vanilla Cream Pie
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 388.7
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 89.6 mg
- Sodium 312.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 32.5 g
- Protein 7.1 g