Prep 40 mins
Cook 28 mins
If you are looking for a gorgeous, delicious dessert for the summer, this is it! It is well worth the effort to make this spectacular tart. I have made it many times and have received rave reviews and recipe requests. It is best made and served the same day.
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package vanilla chip, melted and cooled
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberry
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and confecioners' sugar.
- Beat in flour (mixture will be crumbly).
- Pat into the bottom of a greased 12 inch pizza pan.
- Bake at 300 for 25-28 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In another bowl, beat melted chips and cream.
- Add cream cheese; beat until smooth Spread over crust.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Arrange berries over filling (In a circular pattern, starting with raspberry in the middle looks beautiful).
- In a saucepan, combine pineapple juice, sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice; bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Boil for 2 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Cool; brush over fruit.
- Chill for 1 hour before serving.
- Best if served same day it is made.
This was the first tart I made and it was excellent. I only used strawberries, but I cannot wait to make it again.
Have been making this since 96, and always dissappears fast, and is a great presentation, and delicious. Wish I could take a picture, If you start with 1 raspberry in center and then circle of blueberries, followed by circle of strawberries, tips out and then blueberries inside the space between the strawberries and rasperries next and repeat it looks spectacular! Hope that makes sense.
This is incredibly delicious. It's from a Nestle's cookbook, I'll have to make it again! It's so worth the effort.