Recipe by Christine C.
If you are looking for a gorgeous, delicious dessert for the summer, this is it! It is well worth the effort to make this spectacular tart. I have made it many times and have received rave reviews and recipe requests. It is best made and served the same day.
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package vanilla chip, melted and cooled
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberry
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and confecioners' sugar.
- Beat in flour (mixture will be crumbly).
- Pat into the bottom of a greased 12 inch pizza pan.
- Bake at 300 for 25-28 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In another bowl, beat melted chips and cream.
- Add cream cheese; beat until smooth Spread over crust.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Arrange berries over filling (In a circular pattern, starting with raspberry in the middle looks beautiful).
- In a saucepan, combine pineapple juice, sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice; bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Boil for 2 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Cool; brush over fruit.
- Chill for 1 hour before serving.
- Best if served same day it is made.