Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Filling for pastries, doughnuts.
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk, scalded
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix flour, sugar, and salt together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the scalded milk--add all slowly/stirring.
- Heat over a double boiler until thick and smooth. **about 15 minutes**.
- Add butter.
- Pour mixture over the egg yolks, stirring constantly.
- Cool and add vanilla.
Very Very good, all I know is its good.
no, this recipe is really a bavarian cream, aka-vanilla custard.