Prep 15 mins
Cook 33 mins
I am 10, I made this for my dad am mom. They both raved about it. I hope you will try this.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 -3 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) container frosting
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Mix all cake ingredients together.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Butter baking pan (HINT: If your pan is glass and your edges get burnt on your cake, take a log piece of paper towel and fold it so its a inch wide. Then, wet it and squeeze it hard so it becomes damp. The wrap it around the edges so it is tight then paper clip it so it will stay on.).
- The batter should be wattery if not add water.
- Put in oven as directed on box.
- Put frosting in a microwaveable bowl.
- Heat for 15 seconds or until easier to stir.
- Then add the vanilla an butter.
- You are ready to go.
i was looking for a scratch cake but when i saw this i changed my mind. moist and fluffy cake, buttery frosting. Very good when you consider a 10 yr old child posted this. I think I'll use this to start teaching my grandchildren how to bake. It's not complicated and i'm sure will give them a real sense of accomplishment.