Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Move over chocolate crazy cakes, Crazy vanilla cake's in town! A simple cake long on flavor. Chocolate chips fancy things up a bit! Great cake! Don't scrimp on the vanilla extract, use the real thing, it'll be worth it!
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips, melted (real semisweet)
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a 8-inch baking pan. Set aside.
- Stir together egg and vanilla in a small bowl with wire whisk. Make two indentations in flour mixture; pour oil in one and egg mixture in the other. Pour milk over flour mixture;mix well. Stir in pecans.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over warm cake. Let stand for 2 minutes; slightly swirl chocolate chips.
yummy! I made a double batch and we gobbled it up.It took about 25 minutes to bake- added bonuS! for a more defined vanilla flavor I will add a little more vanilla extract next time.
great recipe, turned out really good and the cake texture is moist, perfect!