Recipe by KaraRN
Saw this on food networks Semi Homemade with Sandra Lee. Looks yummy. Also makes for a neat presentation as most of her recipes do!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Well, as much as I thought I knew about cranberries, I didn't know, & couldn't find, canned cranberries (just the sauces), so used some frozen ones I still have! The cans were no problem, since I ALWAYS have those around! Enjoyed the addition of coconut in these & ended up with some tasty little cakes! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed as part of my CRANBERRY theme in the current My-3-Chefs cooking event]
- 2 (17 1/2 ounce) boxes blueberry muffin mix (recommended -- Krusteaz)
- 2 cups white cranberry juice
- 2 (16 ounce) cans cranberries, drained and rinsed (recommended -- Ocean Spray)
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded coconut, toasted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray the inside of 5 (16-ounce) cranberry cans (or similar) with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine muffin mix, juice, cranberries (save the remaining contents from the other 3 cans for pancakes!), coconut, vanilla, and cinnamon. Stir to combine. Divide batter among the prepared cans and place cans on a baking sheet. Make sure to tap cans on the counter to get out all the air bubbles. Bake in oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until tester comes out clean.
- For a nice presentation, decorate can.