Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Skip the coffee shop and serve up a white chocolate mocha recipe right at home. For an adults-only spin, add a splash of brandy to the mix.
- 85.04 g white baking chocolate with cocoa butter, coarsely chopped
- 473.18 ml milk (half-and-half, or light cream)
- 78.07 ml hot strong coffee
- 2.46 ml vanilla
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
- grated nutmeg, cinnamon, chocolate-flavor candy sprinkles (optional)
BRANDIED WHITE HOT CHOCOLATE
- 29.58-44.37 ml brandy, as you wish (per serving, use less, more as you like)
- In a medium heavy saucepan combine white chocolate and 1/3 cup of the milk.
- Cook and stir over low heat until chocolate is melted. Add the remaining 1 2/3 cups milk.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through.
- Stir in coffee and vanilla.
- Serve in latte mugs or drinking bowls. If desired, top with ice cream and sprinkle with given choices.
- Brandied White Hot Chocolate:.
- Prepare as directed, except add 2 to 3 tablespoons brandy to white chocolate mixture when adding the coffee and vanilla.
This was really delicious! I prepared it for all of us 4 for breakfast and we enjoyed it with a fresh croissant.<br/>I used Asian coffee ("robusta") quality and we topped it with beaten light cream instead of ice cream as it's now winter and we like warm beverages. The final topping was cinnamon!<br/>Mmmhh a great start in the morning!
Another wonderful coffee by the Coffee Queen. So good Anna, quick and really easy to make....too easy. I will be enjoying this lovely treat often. I used the optional ice cream and dusted with a sprinkling of nutmeg. Yumm was this great. Thanks so much for sharing your recipe my friend. Made for 5 Stars Tag Game.
Yum! Thoroughly enjoyed! I served with whipped cream. Thanks!