Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
INCREDIBLE! I am amazed at even myself.
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 3⁄4 cup vanilla flavored ground coffee
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 5 eggs
- caramel sundae syrup
- Boil coffee grounds in 1 1/2 cups of water.
- remove from heat and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Bring milk and half& half to a heat where whisps of steam is just rising from the top.
- Strain coffee liquid through a coffee filter into a cup and then add 3/4 of a cup to the milk mixture and heat through.
- In a separate bowl whisk together eggs, sugar, and salt.
- Slowly add milk mixture to the bowl with the eggs, while whisking steadily.
- Pour 1 tbsp of caramel into 6 buttered 6 oz.
- ramekins, then pour mixture into the ramekins, and put into a large high-walled pan.
- fill pan with water and bake at 325 for 1 hour, then increase heat to 375 for an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove ramekins from oven and pan and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Use a flexible knife to remove from ramekins and flip over onto small plates for serving.
This is really, really good! I Give it 5-stars!